The program goals for PELE are:
- Represent the University of Michigan as the premier Engineering leadership experience
- Prepare students to be global engineers prepared to enter and impact industry immediately upon graduation
- Develop a community of student leaders that promotes life-long relationships with PELE and Michigan Engineering
- Integrate business mindset into their professional engineering identity
- Develop a network of peers, alumni, and industry partners to advance their career and be ready to continue building networks and communities
- Identify personal leadership values and how they impact and influence your leadership style
- Develop communication skills to effectively engage and lead others
- Leadership Labs introduce critical content for leaders to know and practice through hands-on activities and case studies
- Leadership Spotlights will be a special opportunity to hear business and campus leaders tell the inside story about how they arrived in their leadership position and explore how they lead.
- Site Visits consist of interviews with University of Michigan graduates in leadership positions, visiting different companies.
Note that Winter 2022 dates are still TBD. A sample schedule is below.
Important Dates 2019-2020
Leadership Labs and Leadership Spotlight will take place from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in Chrysler 133 on dates noted below.
|January 15||Leadership Lab #1|
|January 22||Leadership Spotlight #1|
|January 29||Leadership Lab #2|
|February 5||Leadership Spotlight #2|
|February 12||Leadership Lab #3|
|February 19||Leadership Spotlight #3|
|February 26||Leadership Lab #4|
|March 11||Leadership Spotlight #4|
|March 18||Leadership Lab #5|
|February- March|| |
March 20: Site visit 1 (tentative)
March 27: Site visit 2 (tentative)